IS THIS YOUR FIRST VISIT?
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED.
What to Expect – Naturopathy and Nutrition
Schedule your free 15-minute consultation
Complete your initial visit— we’ll go over your full health history and order comprehensive lab work.
Schedule a follow up — we’ll review lab results and begin your personalized treatment protocol.
Optimize your health with continued care for lifelong results.
Here is an overview of the types of visits and care you can expect with our practice:
- 15 Minute Discovery Phone Session: Free
- Comprehensive New Client Visit (approx. 60 mins.) – (Virtually or In-person)
Dr. Hunter will complete a comprehensive wellness intake to gain information about existing health concerns, present symptoms, past medical history, current medications, and supplements, daily dietary patterns, and general lifestyle habits. Recent lab work performed by other health practitioners will be reviewed if available. Additional lab work may be performed depending on each individual. Based on the information obtained during the intake, Dr. Hunter will formulate a detailed action plan using natural therapies that specifically address the client’s health concerns.*Initial visit may be separated into 2 parts to fine tune the personal protocol and/or to allow for lab ordering.
These recommendations include:
- Lab recommendations: Dr. Hunter will utilize advanced lab testing, going above and beyond what is offered at conventional practices.
- Nutritional recommendations: After evaluating your current diet, Dr. Hunter will recommend nutritional modifications and educate you on how to make dietary changes.
- Supplement recommendations: Dr. Hunter bases her herbal and nutritional supplement recommendations on both subjective (what is discussed) and objective (labs, imaging, and diagnostic studies) evidence. Sometimes, there are certain herbs, nutrients, or other natural therapies that stand out after an initial discussion that can be implemented right away. Other times, Dr. Hunter finds it best to order labs or other outside evaluation before proceeding with extra supplement suggestions.
- Lifestyle modification: Includes exercise and mind-body therapies
- Referrals: If through the course of the initial discussion Dr. Hunter finds that you could benefit from an evaluation from a specialist or other healthcare provider, she will provide referral information.