The practices of both lingam and yoni steaming have roots tracing back to ancient times in Asia, Africa, Europe, Mexico, Central and South America. Knowledge of indigenous plant medicine was passed down generation by generation.
We know Yoni as the Sanskrit word for the womb and means ‘sacred space’. This is all encompassing of the reproductive system: physically (regardless if organs are present or not), emotionally and spiritually. The yoni is the inner sanctum, a place to access wisdom, power, creativity, vitality, sexuality and sensuality.
Lingam is the Sanskrit word for penis and translates to “wand of light.” The lingam is respected as a channel for sexual energy and pleasure. This is a man’s channel and connection to his own wisdom, power, vitality and sexuality.
In an herbal steam session, one sits on a comfortable low stool over steaming warm water infused with customized blend of herbs. This is a natural and non-invasive way of absorbing the volatile oils through the skin directly into the bloodstream, and then around and through the body. The session is a private and relaxing experience where an individual creates the space to tune out from the world, and tune within to the inner sanctuary.
BENEFITS OF A YONI STEAM CAN INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Steams can support reducing the pain, bloating, body fatigue and digestive distress that is associated with menstruation
- Support reducing the stagnant blood flow that appears as brown or purple in the beginning or end of menstrual flow; as well as regulating monthly flow
- Can support reducing inflammation from endometriosis and fibroids
- Can reduce the build-up of cysts on the ovaries
- Can support toning and healing the vaginal tissues after birth
- Can enhance and increase fertility
- Can support physical and emotional healing after miscarriages and abortions
- Can reduce the symptoms of menopause including vaginal dryness and discomfort
- Support natural detoxification processes in the body
- Can balance pH levels
- Can support urinary health and lower occurrences of UTI’s
- Can offer anti-microbial properties to the body reducing yeast infections, parasite infections and candida (paired with an anti-microbial diet)
- Can soothe, repair and restore after reproductive system cancers as well as rectal cancer
- Can support releasing stored emotions and trauma in the sacral chakra
- Invites a connection with the female body and the sacred place of creativity, flow, intimacy and passion in life
- Can be used as a celebration of releasing old lovers, cultivating space for new lovers (Did you know that a woman holds onto the energetic imprints of all of her sexual partners in her yoni?!)
Benefits vary from woman to woman.
BENEFITS OF A LINGAM STEAM CAN INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Increases healthy circulation
- Shrinks enlarged prostate, improves prostate health
- Soothes pain and pressure from hemorrhoids, while supporting healthy blood flow
- Strengthens, cleanses and tones
- Fights bacteria and infections
- Supports relaxation
- Invites a sense of presence in the body
- Emotionally and energetically cleansing and purifying